A Twitch user was roasted after a live cooking segment went terribly wrong and was forced to scream for help as her kitchen nearly burned down.
If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and get a fire extinguisher.
Twitch user Kelly Caron, known as kjanecaron on the live streaming platform, had a hot broadcast on Wednesday – after nearly burning down her kitchen during a live cooking segment, the New York post relationships.
The Miami star, who boasts a degree in mechanical engineering according to her Twitch profile, was grilling a steak when the pan began to emit smoke.
Fearing that his steak would soon turn black, Caron removed the meat from the oil-soaked pan, which acted as fuel for a sudden fiery eruption.
The situation really escalated from there.
“Oh shit. Fk. F – k, f – k, f – k, ”shouting over the fire alarm can be heard during the cutscene.
Caron tried sprinkling water on the pan, but that only made things worse.
“I don’t know what to do guys,” he told his viewers, panicking and yelling “Help!”. “Guys, I don’t know what to do!”
The stream ended quickly, but the accidental power on made it back to social media hours later to assure fans that he was okay with a selfie posted in his Instagram Stories.
“Yes, I’m fine, I just burned my hand a little and the fire brigade arrived, NBD,” she wrote in an update.
The fiasco was caught and soon shared on Twitter, where they also saw more than 4.4 million people.
Witnesses on social media criticized the amateur cook for not using basic fire safety, and for doing it live on camera.
“Don’t they deal with these things in elementary school anymore?” one asked.
“Why should you do a cooking flow if you don’t know the basics of safe cooking?” he asked for another.
According to the FireRescue1 community, an official partner of the International Fire Chiefs Association, small fires should be extinguished by placing a lid on the burning pan or dousing strictly with salt or baking soda.
While water or the fan may seem like natural fire deterrents, both can actually increase the fire in the event of a grease fire. If the fire continues to grow after trying these simple methods, don’t attempt to move the pan and quickly search for a fire extinguisher instead.
If that doesn’t work, “Quit,” they advised and call 911.
This story first appeared on New York post and has been republished here with permission
Originally published as Twitch user’s kitchen goes up in flames during live stream: “I don’t know what to do!”